Tuesday 21 June 2016

Great Expectations!


As soon as the year started, not only opportunities began to arrive but also big challenges that I did not expect ever. I was very anxious at that moment but now that time flies I feel a bit afraid of what is coming. On one hand,  I know it will be amazing and a big experience to my career, even to my life. On the other hand, I feel a bit lost and unprepared about school observation and practices. That is what scares me more than anything, the fact that if it is not what I have expected for years it is a bit late to change everything and start again.

What I am sure of is that I love teaching, not only English Language but also other subjects. I love studying to teach things, summarize, make charts, prepare excercises, develop a topic, write on the board, create, be in charged of students, etc. However, I have not much experience.Everything begun some years ago, when I explained some stuff to a friend. After that, she told another friend about me and I started to do it seriously. Nowadays I prepare students all the time for exams, homework or just school tutoring, eventhough what scares me is that I have never been in front of a classroom. 
So I expect that by the end of the year I will have finished a great period and have found what I really like. As someone once said:
"Experience is the best teacher."


5 comments:

  1. I love teaching too! The first time I was in front of the classroom was during my professional practices and I was very nervous and extremely scared! But I took courage and I started my lesson! It was fantastic and the students participated a lot! Now I’m more confident and I have more ideas to apply in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love teaching too! The first time I was in front of the classroom was during my professional practices and I was very nervous and extremely scared! But I took courage and I started my lesson! It was fantastic and the students participated a lot! Now I’m more confident and I have more ideas to apply in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Cintia, all of us have experienced something like that; the only way to overcome it is facing it. As you've posted "Experience is the best teacher" and for achieving it you must make your way and you'll succeed. The recipe? Be yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a lot for sharing your opinions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Experience is the best teacher" - couldn't have bottomlined it better!

    ReplyDelete