Tuesday 21 June 2016

My first experience as a teacher

My first teaching experience was amazing. Some months ago I was asked to work in an English workshop with 10 and 12 years old students. At the beginning it cost me a lot to take the decision because during my career I was asking myself If it was teaching the right election. All the same, I took the risk and through myself into the swimmng pool. 
Although it was informal education, when I entered the little classroom I was very nervous and anxious. But my lovely students changed my mind within a minute, making me feel very relaxed and complacent. I had seven students in charged. It was incredible. They loved me and the feeling was mutual. The hour, which I had expected it would be an eternity, passed very quickly. What is more and to my surprise, they asked me to be with them half an hour more making excercises and learning. Incredibly, they wanted to know more all the time and they participate entuthiastically each time I asked them to do it.
Unfortunately, I had some  obstacles. The classroom was small: there was a big table in the center and some chairs. So, we adapted as we can, eventhough it was very uncomfortable. Furthermore, it had no whiteboard. Consequently, I looked for one in the contigouos room and when I was writing on it, it fell and scared us. 
Regardless the latter, everyday I am more and more convinced of what I have chosen. This is what I really want to do my whole life and I will try to do my best every class.

3 comments:

  1. Yes...that is teaching about... in spite of difficulties We have to give the best because not all the students but some of them will remember what you did...and that the most satisfactory aspect of been a teacher..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great experience! As you described: teaching is full of unexpected events and rewarding moments as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always in pur first experiences we are vere nervous and scared! But as we love teaching we realise that there isn't a reason to feel like this because being a teacher is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete